MedLink®, LLC Privacy Notice
MedLink, LLC owns and operates the website www.MedLink.com. MedLink, LLC understands the importance of protecting the privacy of information provided by its users, we respect and safeguard your privacy and recognize the importance of our users’ trust. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to inform you of the types of non-public personal information that we collect, how we collect that information, how we use and share that information, security measures that we take regarding that information, and how to contact us with respect to any concerns regarding your personal information. As used herein, be advised that “we”, “us”, “our” or “MedLink” refers to MedLink, LLC.
What Personal Information Do We Collect
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our services. This includes information that you provide to us through your interactions with us, information we automatically collect about your use of MedLink.com and its services and information about you which we may receive from other sources. Some examples of the information we may collect include, but are not limited to:
- Name and contact details, such as, first and last name, email address, postal address, telephone number
- Age information
- Location information
- Personal description and photo in your Profile, including professional credentials
- Work-related information, such as, job title and other employment or education information
- Information regarding the identity or contact information of your colleagues
- Content of email exchanges with us
- Corporate and financial information
- Account Credentials, such as, login, email address, user name, passwords and other security information for authentication and access
- Financial Information, such as, bank account, credit and debit card numbers for processing of payments
- Usage information, such as, behavioral information about how you navigate within our services, features and functions and which elements of our services you use the most and information regarding your preferences, interests, content use and usage history, etc.
- Computer, device and connection information, such as, IP address, browser type and version and location
- Device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- Version and time zone settings;
- Phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
- Search results and links
- Credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud
- Email notification settings;
- Recommendations and the content you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations;
- Your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications and personalized preferences;
No person under 13 years of age should access or use MedLink.com or its services, and MedLink, LLC does not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from any person under 13 years of age. If MedLink, LLC learns that personal information of persons under 13 has been collected on or through the MedLink.com, we will take appropriate steps to delete said information.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information from you, from automatic processes and tools we utilize and from third parties.
You provide information to us when you:
- search for, view or otherwise use content, features or functionality on MedLink.com;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in your Account, Profile or Dashboard;
- configure your settings on, or interact with a MedLink.com feature, function or service;
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire;
- upload or stream images, videos or other files to MedLink.com or on our Online Submission System;
- compile lists of favorites, recently viewed content, CME credits, etc.
- participate in Forums, Discussion Boards or other community features;
We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of MedLink services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through MedLink.com, some examples of which appear above. In addition, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers (see Cookies and Other Identifiers herein), and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses MedLink services and other content served by or on behalf of MedLink, LLC. We may also receive information about you from other sources, which we may store and maintain for the purposes identified herein.
For What Purposes Do We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the content and services that we offer our users and contributors, all of which processing is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests. These purposes include:
- Delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to administer our relationship with you and to deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about usage, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Our Services. We use your personal information to provide features and functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the MedLink services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with MedLink.com.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws to which we are subject or that is lawful under applicable data protection laws.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to MedLink services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Providing Online Communities. We may use your personal information to create, host or moderate online communities such as chat rooms, forums, message boards, news groups, etc.
- Marketing and Advertising. We may use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
- Recruiting Contributors to MedLink. We may use your information to assist us in recruiting contributors to the content of MedLink.com.
- Preventing Abuse. We may use personal information to prevent abuse of our website or content or violations of our licenses or Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our users, MedLink, and others.
- Other General Business Purposes. We use personal information for general business purposes including, but not limited to, management and operation of the MedLink, LLC business, external reporting, risk and compliance management, and financial management.
Sharing Personal Information
Information about our users is an important part of our business. MedLink, LLC is not in the business of selling our users’ personal information to others. To be able to provide the best possible services on MedLink.com, we may share certain information internally (within MedLink, LLC or within any of its affiliates) or with selected third parties. Examples of how or when we may share personal information include, but are not limited to:
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We may make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through MedLink.com. This may involve the sharing of your personal information.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting, delivering content, sending postal mail and email, analyzing and correcting data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Professional or Accrediting Organizations: We may share personal information with subscribing, accrediting or professional associations or organizations that provide you with access to our services or share tracking or redemption of credits for professional development.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice. In the event that MedLink.com, MedLink, LLC or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in any corporate reorganization or transaction involving some or all of our business, customer/user information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of MedLink and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of MedLink, our users, or others. This includes disclosure of information under or pursuant to any applicable law or order, decree, directive or injunction, and exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Information on MedLink.com may also contain links to other websites. Our users should be aware that MedLink, LLC is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of such other websites, and we encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website, and to review the privacy policies of any website which they visit by a link from MedLink.com.
How We Protect Personal Information
At MedLink, LLC, we work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software. We use a third party credit card processor to verify and authorize credit cards. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. We limit access to your personal information by properly trained employees, third party service providers, technology partners, and business partners to a need to know basis. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you. It is also important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications.
Cookies and Other Identifiers
What Choices Do You Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact us in the manner described below under Contacting Us.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the MedLink.com features and services.
- You can add or update certain information on your Account, Profile or Dashboard, and when you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, please adjust your communication or notification preferences.
- If you do not want to see interest-based ads, please adjust your preferences.
- If you want to browse our website without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account and blocking cookies on your browser.
- Most devices also provide users with the ability to change device permissions (e.g., disable/access location services, contacts). For most devices, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to change your device permissions your devices, we recommend you contact your ISP, mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
- If you are a contributor, you can add or update certain information, update your Contributor Profile information by accessing your Dashboard, and adjust your email or other communications you receive from us by updating your notification preferences.
- Upon request, we provide users with access to information that we have collected and maintain about them, and users can request such information by contacting us in the manner described under Contacting Us.
- Upon request, we offer users the ability to have inaccuracies corrected in their contact or personal information by contacting us in the manner described under Contacting Us.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact MedLink Customer Service in the manner described below under Contacting Us. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Terms and Conditions of Use
If you choose to use MedLink.com services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes and governing law. If you have any concern about privacy at MedLink.com, please contact us by the means described herein with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Please read below the additional disclosures required under the California Consumer Privacy Act
If any user or subscriber feels that we are not following our stated Privacy Notice or complying with any applicable privacy law or otherwise has concerns regarding their personal information, they may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (619) 640-4660, or by mail addressed to MedLink. LLC, 10393 San Diego Mission Road, Suite 120, San Diego, California, 92108. If any subscribers no longer wish to receive email newsletters or content updates from us, they may opt out by updating their preferences, unsubscribing, or contacting us by any of the foregoing means. If, as a result of a change in our MedLink, LLC Privacy Notice, there is a change in how we use personal information, users may keep their information from being used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected by contacting us by any of the foregoing means.
Updates to Privacy Notice
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures
Last Updated: May 4, 2021
This California Consumer Privacy Act disclosure page ("Disclosure") supplements the MedLink, LLC Privacy Notice and is effective as of May 4, 2021. The MedLink, LLC Privacy Notice describes the personal information that we collect, the sources from which we collect it, the purposes for which we use it, the limited circumstances under which we share personal information, and with whom we share it. These additional disclosures are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
1. Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that MedLink, LLC collects, or has collected from consumers in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- identifiers such as your name, alias, address, phone numbers, or IP address;
- personal information, such as a credit card number;
- age, gender, or other protected classifications;
- commercial information, such as purchase and content streaming activity;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including content interaction information, such as content downloads and streams;
- geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer;
- education information
- professional information, and
- inference data, such as information about you preferences.
2. Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. The personal information that MedLink, LLC disclosed to the third parties identified in the “Sharing Personal Information” section of the MedLink, LLC Privacy Notice about consumers for a business purpose in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, or IP address;
- personal information, such as a credit card number, for example if we use a third-party payment processor;
- your age, gender, or other protected classifications, for example if you choose to participate in a survey distributed by a survey provider;
- commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased if a third-party service provider is assisting to provide that product or service to you;
- internet or other electronic network activity information;
- geolocation data;
- audio or visual information, for example if a service provider reviews recordings of customer service phone calls for quality assurance purposes;
- education information, for example ACCME credit information you may direct us to share with any educational institution or ACCME; and
- professional information.
3. Right to Request Access to or Deletion of Personal Information: You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by MedLink, LLC, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service through any of the means set out in the MedLink, LLC Privacy Notice. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
4. No sale of personal information. In the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, MedLink, LLC has not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
5. No Discrimination. MedLink, LLC will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.